My Coaches Are Trying to Kill Me

Not really. But, they have been programming some really tough workouts lately, and while it might suck during the actual workout, I secretly love it. Don’t tell them.

I am sad to say that I could not make myself get out of bed this morning to go workout. I crawled into bed around 10:30 last night, set my alarm for 6 A.M. with about 80% 60% intention of getting up and going in this morning; yeah, didn’t happen. The remaining 40% won.

Truth.

I was beating myself up about it until I remembered that I’ve actually designated Tuesdays as my rest day as of about two weeks ago. Actually, we could consider this an active rest day since I still go to the barn and ride my horse after work – and to anyone who says that isn’t exercise…it’s in the Olympics. Let that marinate in your brain for a bit.

On Saturday, my gym started round two of their World’s Best Boot Camp series, so I was there bright and early to help out with doing measurements and set up. It’s a smaller group this time, but they all seem like good people and I’m excited to see their transformations over the next six weeks. The first group of boot campers had such great results, and it was truly wonderful to see the looks on their faces when they realized how much they had improved – I’m hoping this second group will do just as well.

After boot camp, I stuck around for the CrossFit class and did the partner workout, and then decided to stay for some accessory work. Tucker, one of my coaches, had us work on some gymnastics skills: muscle up progressions, ring rows with a 20 lb vest (those were awful), and some toes to bar work. My hand had ripped the previous day from the workout and my grip was absolutely shot, so I wasn’t able to do as much as I would have liked, but such is life. I still walked out feeling good about what I had accomplished, and hungry. Very hungry.

Did you know Jamba Juice was doing fresh juices now, instead of just smoothies? Because up until recently, I had no idea…but I can highly recommend the Tropical Greens juice – it has apples, pineapples, Super Greens and chia seeds. It is delicious.

Greek Yogurt bowl

Jamba Juice is also doing bowls now, and they’re really good. This one is the greek yogurt bowl – comes with plain greek yogurt, honey, granola, strawberries, blueberries and bananas. Perfect. So good. Please bring me another.

Sunday was lazy. Like…exceptionally lazy. I found out that I am very bad at two things: using Twitter, and existing without my sunglasses.

I don't know what to do with my face.

I don’t know what to do with my face.

Other than running a couple of errands and eating a lot of food, Sunday was pretty uneventful.

I am lucky enough to not have work on Mondays, so instead I spent yesterday at the barn with my oversized dog horse who likes to nap a lot in the sun and make everyone believe he is dead. Seriously, he lays down and naps in the sun. He’s totally fine and does it every week, but since this isn’t normal behavior for horses it does worry some people when they walk by (which I completely understand).

Godfrey aka Sleeping Beauty

The ranch recently put in new sand into four of the turnout arenas, and he really likes it. It’s much softer and finely ground, so I imagine it’s like sand at a nice beach – plus it’s warm, and he usually rolls a few times in turnout anyway. Like I mentioned, horses don’t typically lay down like this (beached whale pose) for long periods of time, and if I hadn’t owned him for nearly 9 years and knew his habits, I would think something was wrong. But, since I do know what’s normal for him, it doesn’t concern me as he does this literally every week. He is legitimately napping/sunbathing. I did have a couple people come by really concerned and ask me if he was ok, which I appreciate, but it did take some serious convincing that yes, he is fine, no he is not dead.

Plus, if I bug him enough, he gets up.

Sitting up.

Then he ran around a lot. He’s a strange one.

How was your weekend?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s