Remember surveys? I used to do these all the time back in the MySpace days (if you don’t remember those, I half envy you, and am half disappointed) as I always thought they were a fun way to get to know odd things about people. I’m borrowing this one from Kelly over at Kelly Runs For Food. Feel free to leave your responses down below.
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
Sunscreen, as I’m constantly trying to avoid sun damage (seriously, I will tan with SPF 70 and still get burnt with SPF 50). I do love the Tarte Brazilliance self tanner, available at Tarte’s website or at Sephora.
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
I love mysteries & thrillers, and just finished Sandra Brown’s book Low Pressure. It wasn’t amazing, but she does write a good mystery. I’m also a huge fan of Audible for audiobooks, especially when I’m on a long drive.
3. What’s your signature summer scent this year?
Unfortunately being unemployed doesn’t allow me to seasonally specify or interchange my perfumes a whole lot, but anyone who knows me know that I LOVE smelling good. I always have. One of my favorite fragrances hands down is the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. It’s perfect for the cooler days in the fall/winter, but also smells really nice in the warmer weather as it’s a warmer scent.
4. The sun is shining and it’s time to get outside! What’s your favorite thing to do?
I know that I’m supposed to say “go to the beach” since I live in California, but honestly…Northern California’s beaches kind of suck. They’re usually foggy, the water is cold, and are always crowded on an actual nice day…basically, the experience of going to a beach up here leaves a lot to be desired. Plus, I’m way more into the mountains than the beach, so probably go hiking. Or go see my horse 🙂
5. You’re on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What’s your go-to summer beach food?
Soft pretzels will be my #1 junk food. PRETZELS4EVA.
6. Sunscreen is always important, but it’s a MUST in summer! What’s your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
Clarins makes a great fancy one, but at $42 a bottle it’s not something I purchase regularly. I am actually very picky about sunscreen, as I go through a lot of it and typically buy them 3-6 at a time. Most recently, the two that standout are the Coppertone Clearly Sheer Spray SPF 50 and the Neutrogena CoolDry Sport Sunscreen. Both smell really nice, and the Coppertone one is incredibly sheer – so sheer that sometimes I forget if I’ve already applied it because it doesn’t leave a residue at all. I love the Neutrogena one because it has a slightly higher SPF and doesn’t sweat off.
I’m always on the lookout for natural sunscreens! If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear them.
A shower. And probably ice cream.
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
I’m at the gym more days than not, and if I’m not there I’m at the barn, so my hair kind of gets the short end of the stick in terms of styling right now. I do have naturally coarse, thick, wavy hair, so I don’t have to do a lot to it to make it look “summery.” Honestly usually it’s in some sort of obscene pineapple on top of my head, but sometimes I actually curl it and make it look pretty.
9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2015?
I don’t actually remember the last time I did my nails. Between the gym, the barn and lack of a social life…there’s no point. I will say that Essie’s Millionails clear base coat treatment is incredible and hardens up your nails really quickly. I’ve gone through about 3 bottles of this and it is worth every penny.
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
I started watching Pretty Little Liars again…that show is so farfetched and unbelievable, so I’ve kind of stopped trying to understand what the eff is going on. I truly have no memory of what happened in seasons 2-4, and I’m on 5, so…yeah.
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
The Supergoop CC cream is AMAZING. I don’t even wear foundation anymore, just this stuff.
I also like this one from Tarte, although it’s a little light for me so I’ve been mixing that and the Supergoop one together.
12. It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
I wear sunglasses everyday, regardless of whether or not the sun is out. I also wear a hat if I know I’m going to be outside for long periods of time (at the barn, etc).
13. What is your summer jam this year?
Right now, it’s pretty much all country. And that song Trap Queen, because yeah, that and country are totally the same thing. Not.
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
Not so much a bucket list, but a few goals: wear a crop top and feel good about it (not happening right now), travel as much as I can, and not get sunburnt.
15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
Generally speaking, swimsuits and I have never really been friends. Or acquaintances, even. I did buy a bikini from Victoria’s Secret during the sale this year, but I haven’t worn it yet. I just need about 6 spray tans and a few more hard weeks at the gym.
16. Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
Sweating is good for you! But if you want an awesome sweat proof mascara, the Benefit’s They’re Real mascara is phenomenal.
17. Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
Chocolate chip cookie dough, or anything with peanut butter.